The bank consists of five organisations:
- The International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD) lends to governments of middle-income and creditworthy low-income countries
- The International Development Association (IDA) provides interest-free loans—called credits— and grants to governments of the poorest countries
- The International Finance Corporation(IFC) provides loans, equity and technical assistance to stimulate private sector investment in developing countries
- The Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA) provides guarantees against losses caused by non-commercial risks to investors in developing countries
- The International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID) provides international facilities for conciliation and arbitration of investment disputes.
The World Bank Group offers loans, advice, and an array of customized resources to more than 100 developing countries and countries in transition.
How the World Bank partners with Marie Stopes International
The World Bank is supporting a number of our initiatives in Asia Pacific, including the implementation of a voucher scheme for family planning and safe delivery in the Philippines.
Previously we’ve worked with the World Bank to improve the sexual and reproductive health of factory workers in Ho Chi Minh City and Binh Duong province, Viet Nam, and on an HIV prevention programme in Madagascar.
Visit the World Bank website
Countries World Bank partners with Marie Stopes International: