USAID's Family Planning program is one of the success stories in U.S. development assistance. Since the launch of the program in 1965, families are better able to feed, clothe, educate, and provide health care for their children. Countless women and children are alive today as a result of USAID assistance.
USAID works in over 100 countries to:
- promote broadly shared economic prosperity
- strengthen democracy and good governance
- improve global health, food security, environmental sustainability and education
- help societies prevent and recover from conflicts
- provide humanitarian assistance in the wake of natural and man-made disasters.
USAID works in over 100 countries in the following regions:
- Sub-Saharan Africa
- Latin America and the Caribbean
- Europe and Eurasia
- The Middle East.
How USAID partners with Marie Stopes International
USAID projects include Support for International Family Planning Organizations (SIFPO), Strengthening Health Outcomes through the Private Sector (SHOPS), USAID Mission bilateral agredments including our affiliates and other sub-awards.